A seasoned design professional, possessing both strong conceptual and graphical abilities Kevin graduated from California State University, Fullerton with a Bachelor of Arts degree (Art). With 10+ years of experience, he possesses excellent technical skills preferring a Mac to the PC and Adobe’s CS5 software. Both are used to produce on and off-lline branded materials including; web sites, print collateral, display ads, trade show booth and large format graphics, packaging, photography and illustration graphics.
Expert in his ability to provide strategic solutions appropriate for the goals of the client; Kevin consistently produces simple, relevant and compelling content both on and offline that exceed his customer’s expectations. He understands the importance of interacting and communicating directly with customers and principals.
Above all, under promise and over deliver.
- Problem solving and strategizing drawing from a broad and diverse commercial art background.
- Producing simple, relevant and compelling branded materials under the pressure of strict deadlines and a high project volume.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5: inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver. Experience using: iWorks (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Extensive knowledge of on and off-line publishing, 4 to 6 color sheet fed and digital, pre-press and printing processes.
- Conceive, present, design, prototype, develop and launch new products in a team environment.
- Collaborating with team members, account executives, staff designers, photographers, illustrators, copy writers and programmers.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- A willingness to take risks and seek out constructive criticism.
February 2012 – June 2012
Southern Products Inc. dba: Sigmac USA
- Managing a staff of three, created and deployed an array of online content, retail packaging and print collateral projects including: Unit Cartons, User Manuals, Product Sheet, Logo Design, Tag-Line Creation, Corporate Color Palette, Product Photography, Website Design, Coding and Deployment of online content, Information and Presentation Graphics.
- Developed unique products by working directly with key upper management employees and vendors to develop niche products targeted at specific customers thereby separating sigmac from its competitors.
- Source, manage and develop relationships with manufacturing facility and key vendors.
- Improved vendor relations by empowering staff designers to communicate directly and encouraging them to make decisions related to their specific projects.
April 2008 – January 2012
Bumm Wrap Sportswear Apparel
- Established the look, feel and function of our core products including: market research, viability study, fabric selection, jacquard design and color, problem solving, established quality standards, source off-shore manufacturing vendor and order fulfillment.
- Brand creation and implementation including: naming, tag-line creation, logo design, corporate color development, model selection (male and female), photo shoot art direction (location and studio), website design + coding + deployment, tradeshow booth design, collateral materials, display ads, promotional give-a-way’s, hang tags and stationery.
- Image creation including: Photo retouching, editing and manipulation.
- Spokesman for media interviews.
- Source, manage and develop relationships with key vendors.